We call this room the Harmony room, because of the furnishings are a mix of styles, old world and modern.
This very large room comes with a private under-stairway storage space, a sliding glass door which opens onto
a deck, and view of an environmentally conserved green (woods) space.
If you are looking for a respectful, small, supportive, female, and caring community... come be a part of ours.
* Private Under Stairway- Storage Room
* Off Street Parking in a Parking Strip, next to the house
* Laundry on site
* House Alarm, set nightly
* Gas Stove and Fireplace
* Deck off Living-room with grill, table, chairs, and umbrella
* Patio with camp chairs, cantilever umbrella, and a fire pit for roasting marshmallows & hot dogs
* Back yard swing and front yard bench
- Quick trip to OHSU and west side downtown
- Easy, 2 minute Walk to Sylvania PCC Campus
- On the #78 bus route (Lake Oswego and WA square transit center), and easy walk to the #12 bus
route to downtown and hwy 99 transit center
- Easy access to I-5, 217, and Capitol Hwy
- Easy walk to Hwy 99 (Pacific Hwy, Barbur Blvd.)
- Easy access to Fred Meyer, Costco, Starbucks, Food: (McDonald's/ Carls Jr./ Mongolian Grill,
Newport Bay, Buster's BBQ), Office Max, Winco Foods, Movie Theater, and the new Walmart
- 10 min. by car to Bridgeport shopping and Washington Square
- 12 min. by car to Downtown Portland (non-rush hour)
Perfect for retired woman (there are stairs), professional or student attending: OHSU, Lewis & Clark,
Marylhurst, PSU, or PCC (walk to Sylvania, bus to other campuses).
Great Location! 5 min. walk to School (PCC Sylvania)! Desk in Room (Office or Study Area,
which closes up into a cabinet), Alarm, Fire place, Furnished Indoor & Outdoor Spaces, Laundry Facilities,
Storage in room, PARKING are included in rent!
The house is on three levels, so stairs are involved; most time is spent on the main level, upper level (bedrooms), and outside spaces during pleasant weather. Laundry is on the lower floor. House backs to environmentally protected green-space (woods).
-Security System: Brand new touch screen security system with door/window sensors, glass break sensor, motion detector; every person has their own code (the system records whose code was used and when)
-Dog: Akita Dog in residence
-House mates: We live in a community, someone is almost always home
-Locks, and Peek Hole: Bolt locks, and additional locking aids are on selected windows and
doors; we also have a peep hole in the front door
-Location: Home is located in a quiet neighborhood, next to a college; yes, we know our
neighbors.. they are friends
RENT & UTILITIES:
Sighed Rental Agreement prior to move in, 12 months minimum- then month-to-month
Move-in month rent and utilities, prorated by day
$575 (prorated for move in month) + prorated Utilities
$575 Rent includes: Laundry Facility (lg.. capacity washer dryer on pedestals), Parking, Private Balcony, Large Room with wooded view, Large Closet (with Storeables adjustable shelving, long and short hang), Storage room under the stair way through a door and more space under bed
Shared Living Spaces indoors and out, Gas Fire-place, a Deck with Grill, Front yard with a bench, and Additional storage outside room and in garage is possible, if necessary (depending on your needs).
Monthly $95 Utility fee includes: Security Alarm (set nightly), Cable TV, Internet, Electricity, Natural Gas (Fireplace & Stove), Water and Sewer, Garbage, Recycling
* ½ block walk to bus # 78 stop (Washington Square Mall (Bvt. Transit Center) & Lake Oswego)
* ¼ mile walk to #12 (Hwy 99 (Barber Blvd.) Transit Center & Downtown Portland (& East side)
* Close to the #44 (catch at PCC, go to points down town)
* Less than a mile to Hwy 99 Transit Center, park and ride
VARY LARGE, PRIVATE ROOM: 246+ square feet room, Large Closet Space (adjustable shelving,
long and short hang) in 2800 square foot, 4 bathroom home with two decks, patio, front yard.
* Furnished room (Furniture can be augmented and adapted to your needs.)
* Full/Queen Antique bed
* Modern Dresser with drawers and glass door shelving unit for clothes or storage space
* Antique Shelving unit with pull down desk for computer, printer, papers, books, etc.
* Personal 32" flat screen TV in your room
* Comfy, Purple, Starbucks Chair for your morning coffee
* Full length mirror
* Stain glass lamp
* Reading Lamp
* Large closet Storable's adjustable shelving in closet, long hang and short hang
* Radiating Heater for winter
* Pedestal fan for summer
* Sectional Laundry basket
* Netgear Internet signal booster, so you can get a good signal on this level
* Sliding glass door which opens out onto a deck, with view of green space, bench swing, and patio
YOUR PRIVATE STORAGE:
* Adjacent Storage Room through door way in your room, under stairs
* Storage cubby in room
* Under bed storage room
* Extra closet shelves for storage
* Shared bathroom with a bath-tub/ shower is located on top floor
* 1/2 bath on main floor
* Equipped kitchen (gas stove/microwave/ dishwasher/ Vita-mix blender, etc.)
* Breakfast nook
* Living room with gas fireplace
* New 4K Ultra high def TV in living room with Premier channels and On Demand Viewing
* Shared refrigerator with one other resident in kitchen. Additional overflow fridge space is available * Also, there is a small shared refrigerator for cold drinks on main floor and one on the upper floor
* Laundry Facilities (Pick a day; we each take a day of the week)
* Patio in back yard
* Deck off Livingroom with seating, table, and grill & adjacent green space
* Front yard with a bench
* Hardwood floors on main
* Off Street Parking
* Lots of walking trails through woods around PCC
* Wooded Conservation Zone with a creek, behind house with birds and squirrels
* (full time) 1 Akita dog 60 lb (yes, very small for an Akita), very quiet and well behaved, rescued in Feb. (blows coat only twice a year... and stays on main level and down stairs in my space, comes with me on frequent trips to Seattle area)
**(We are looking to add 1 cat.)**
* Yes, pet owner vacuums often.
ROOM-MATES in this 2800 sq. ft. House:
* 1 mom (graphic designer/ technical writer)- home owner
* 1, 15 year old daughter (part-time)... 2-3 weekends a month (6 days), 1/2 holidays, 1/2 summer time
* 2 Serious Student
* 1 Professional
We are accepting and caring, academic thinkers, nature & music lovers, busy people who study &
mostly keep to themselves, but do interact socially in common areas of the home.
We live legally, quietly, respectfully, and harmoniously, because we follow rules (see below).
The Harmony room is on the lower floor. A friend of mine lives in the apartment, also on the lower level with it's own kitchen and bath. She is a kind knitter, grandma type, whom you probably won't see unless you seek her out. The Victorian is on the main. The other bedrooms on the top level.
If you are looking for privacy and would like to keep to yourself and your life pursuits, that will work here. If you are looking for some interaction and friendship that is also available here.
* NO DRUGS: including prescribed marijuana, NOT 420 friendly
* NO SMOKING: NO, not even outside
* NO overnight male guests: or . . ."3am booty calls"
* Family and female overnight visitors are welcome
* Alcohol: In your room only
* Guests: One or two friends at a time are welcome
* Quiet Hours: After 10 PM Sun-Th.
* Peace: We live peacefully and respect each other's life style, schedules, & use of our home: No
name calling, put downs, swearing at anyone, loud music, or unsocial behavior is tolerated
* Consultation: agreement among roommates is required on party events and other occasional uses
of the house (agreements on conduct & clean-up are required)
* Common Area: If you mess an area, clean it promptly (dishes don't camp in sink after meal)
* Food: You will have your own shared refrigerator. Food needs to be covered (sealed) food only is allowed in the refrigerator, so. . . no spills or contamination
* Cleaning (disinfecting, vacuuming, empty garbage, empty recycling etc.): You're expected to
participate in team cleaning of common (shared) areas for 1 1/2 hours (any time weekly)
* Trips: If you intend to be away for more than a day, notify us. . . so we don't worry or file a
missing person report; also, clean before you depart for a weekend. . . thank you! .
Who We Are Looking For: Someone who (is). . .
* Law abiding
* We are NOT 420 Friendly.. NO... not even for medical use
* Enjoys a clean environment & keeps spaces neat
* Any ethnicity or alternative lifestyle (accepted enthusiastically)
* Student quiet/ studious/ responsible
* Retired woman or Professional
* Must be able to pass a background check
***I am honest and careful person, so I have safeguards that I follow.***
Requirements for your protection and mine:
* I deal only locally, face to face; (we must meet in person to decide if the arrangement will work)
* You must pass criminal & rent history background check
* You must have a viable, ongoing, verifiable income
* Your check must clear the bank before you can move in
* I don't redistribute funds (deposit, then withdraw for any purpose)
* I don't "hold" the room for anyone without payment
* I do call people back on a first come, first serve basis (that's fair)
* The room is available to move in Immediately
* Background check, paperwork, and payment are required to be completed by move in
* I will be happy to talk with you, and answer any of your questions, show you the whole home etc.
Join our home community of women. Enjoy living with us in this fabulous location; we are respectful of each other's schedules, lifestyle choices, & needs. We Love Diversity! Be You! We all have personalities!
*Text me-Best Option
*Call if you don't text, but I can answer texts as soon as I am available. I may not be available to talk right when you call.
Shown by appointment. Text Catherine, 503-544-6423.
The Harmony Room
The Harmony Room
Rooms For Rent in Shared Private Home, Portland Oregon
PRIVATE, SAFE, FURNISHED ROOM IN SHARED QUIET HOME for FEMALE!
(WALK TO PCC SYLVANIA CAMPUS)
******** Harmony Room ... Prorated Rent for Move in Month**********